What is the 100-Mile Trail Challenge?
Your help is needed – you can make a difference!
The PATC 100-Mile Trail Challenge is designed to bring attention to the trails of our area and providing you with opportunity to be involved in its maintenance.
Participants in the 100-Mile Trail Challenge are encouraged to complete 100-miles of travel – via foot, hoof, wheel or ski – while also pledging funds as a part of your experience. Each dollar pledged will support local trails through seasonal trail projects.
100-Mile Challenge Recommendations –
Between the dates of January 1 and October 31—
- First – HAVE FUN!!
- Complete 100-miles of travel – via foot, hoof, wheel or ski. Refer to our TRAILS STATUS PAGE for available trails.
- Participate in 10-hours of trail work projects – each project has a different time commitment (generally 2 to 8 hours).
- Visit one “hot spot” and assist with the clean-up needs (locations will be updated as available).
- No additional hot spots scheduled at this time – will update June 1
- Raise a minimum of $100.
There are Rewards –
In addition to the opportunity to explore the trails in Pagosa Springs (we have 102-trail choices and 687-miles of trails) you will receive an 100-Mile Challenge certificate and an invitation to our 2018 Spring Roundtable acknowledgement and awards party.
To Get Started –
- Download the following three documents (click the link at the end of each line).
- Return the Release Form on the back of the brochure to the address below – 100m-challenge-brochure
- Acquire donations from friends and family (don’t like to donations, add change to a piggy bank and make the donation all your own) on the Donation Form – 100m-challenge-donation-form
- Keep track of your participation on the Log Book – 100m-challenge-log-book
Mailing Address –
- The last 2018 challenge day is October 31. Return your Donation Form and Log Book by November 10. Donation checks are payable to PATC – donations are tax-deductible.
- Pagosa Area Trails Council, ATTN: 100-Mile Trail Challenge, P.O. Box 3623, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Thank You –
There are numerous non-profit organizations you can support and we are appreciative that you are choosing PATC through your time to hike and your pledging of time towards the maintenance of our local trails through trail project opportunities.