Pagosa Area Trail Users Roundtable Agenda
Thursday, October 27, 2016
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
2. History and purpose of meeting
3. Introductions (10-minutes)
4. Review of action points from April meeting (5-minutes)
* Community tool cache: A check-in/check-out process was implemented including a worksheet to be completed by the user group representative for tool check-in/check-out. Keys were distributed to various user groups with access to the storage unit.
* User group projects and scheduling: Various user groups completed projects but few groups utilized the marketing aspect made available by PATC and the PagosaTrails.org website.
* Trail status reporting system: We were able to keep the trail status page updated through the spring season and there has been tremendous conversation regarding the opportunity to fully expand this information for the community. No trail summaries were provided. This project will continue but at a slower pace than originally hoped.
5. USFS Pagosa updates (10-minutes)
6. Training offerings, additional requests, for 2017 (10-minutes)
* First Aid in the Backcountry (4-hours) – February 9, 2017 – 5p to 9p
* Planning and Implementing a Trail Work Project (4-hours) – March 9, 2017 – 5p to 9p
* Leave No Trace Awareness Workshop (3-hours) – April 13, 2017 – 5p to 8p
* Sustainable Trail Maintenance = Brushing Trail Corridors, Cleaning Drainage Structures Field Practice (1/2 day) – May 6, 2017 – 8a to 1p
* Cross-Cut Training and/or recertification – date to be determined
* Chain Saw Training and/or recertification – date to be determined
7. Public Lands Day – September 24, 2016 (5-minutes)
* 2017 Committee Meeting – November 3, 2016 – 5:30 pm to 7 pm
8. Spring Roundtable meeting – Thursday, April 27th at 5:30 pm
9. New business
* 100-Mile Trail Challenge
* Accepting Letters of Interest – PATC Board – Members-At-Large (Two Vacant Positions)
- The duties of the Members-At-Large shall include attending all meetings of the Board, any special meetings and all general meetings; serve as a voting member on the Board; and assist with all committees and projects as assigned by the President.
Forward Letter of Interest to PATC President, Stacy Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1st.
10. Adjournment to Potluck Social